“Passionately Driven to Improve Human Life”
Our new Core Purpose Statement
Artemis took part National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) walk in San Diego!
On April 27th, the Artemis team took part in the nation’s largest mental health awareness and fundraising event, NAMIWalks! Thank you to Claudia, Jacquie, Sierra, Jeanne, and Angela who gave their time to improve the lives of those affected by mental illness!
Artemis volunteered at the San Diego Food Bank!
PLENITY (brand name for Gelesis 100) is the first orally administered, non-stimulant, non-systemic aid in weight management based on proprietary hydrogel technology with a highly favorable safety and efficacy profile demonstrated in clinical studies. ~6 out of 10 adults treated with PLENITY were responders, losing on average 10% of their weight (22 pounds) and 3.5 inches from their waists within 6 months. Thanks to Artemis for conducting the clinical studies that helped PLENITY become FDA approved!
Click here to learn more about Plenity: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190414005031/en/Gelesis-Granted-FDA-Clearance-Market-PLENITY%E2%84%A2-%E2%80%94
The specific winning shout out is as follows:
“Cleaned up and organized the lab. Looks beautiful! Thanks!!”
Congratulations Kirstin Kevalaitis! Thank you for being a valuable member of the Artemis team.
For this accomplishment, Kirstin will be awarded a $50 gift card.
Feel free to recognize your fellow colleagues who you see living and breathing any one of the 6 Core Values for Artemis. At the end of the month, we collect all the “shout-outs” and draw a name from a hat to get a winner. You can give as many shout-outs as you want, and a person can receive as many shout-outs as they deserve.
Artemis was highly productive this last month in hiring and bringing on new team members—we have been very successful in this endeavor!
Remember: any employee can earn referral bonus of $250 for each successful hire. Nice work and “Thanks” to the employees who referred folks this most recent hiring round.
- Congratulations to Claudia Camacho on her promotion to Patient Concierge Lead!
- We are searching for an HR Administrator, Research Assistant, and Regulatory Specialist
- Congratulations to Colin Malaska for being accepted into medical school! He will be with the team until July
- We are searching for a Research Assistant and a Clinical Research Coordinator
- Congratulations to Nadia Najera on her promotion to Facilities & IT Administrator!
- Welcome to Nicole Schultz, our new Clinical Research Coordinator!
- Welcome to Mia Blanton, our new Research Assistant!
- Natalia accepted the offer as Office Administrator!
- New Medical Doctor Joining
- We are searching for a Sub-Investigator position
- Congratulations to Brittany Weichers on her promotion to Director of Operations!
- We are searching for a VP of Operations to oversee all operations across all locations
May 8th – Roxana Fitch
May 9th – Dr. Deilgat
May 13th – Dr. Layle
May 23rd – Marie Craig
May Artemis Anniversaries:
Claudia Llamas – 1 year
Jacqueline Keller – 1 year
Jeanne Pun – 1 year
Jaclyn Deilgat – 2 year
Lin Let Nwe – 2 year
We rolled out the Core Values of the company over 1.5 years ago. As you may recall, “Core Values” capture the personality of the company, and since we’ve been able to apply the prior core values to our everyday work life for a while, it was time for an update to more accurately capture Artemis’s personality. Some of the revised Core Values will likely sound familiar, as the original values haven’t all of a sudden just gone away. But the new ones are more to the point, shorter, and clearer. We’ve also added some and removed others, which we also believe are more in line with the company’s (ie. all of the team’s) beliefs. They are also listed in the order of importance, so if you ever have to choose abiding by one core value over another, then go the higher core value.
Introducing the new and improved Core Values!
- We always put patients first
- We deliver the best customer experience
- We do the right thing
- We work as a team
- We embrace a journey of continuous improvement
**Remember: These values are listed in the order of importance, so if you ever have to choose abiding by one core value over another, then go the higher core value.
Here are some explanations for each one:
1. “We always put patients first”
We do this by:
- Ensuring patient safety
- Providing the best patient experience
- Advocating for a patient to enroll into and complete a study
2. “We deliver the best customer experience every day”
Our customers are:
- Business Partners
3. “We do the right thing”
We do this by:
- Doing what you say you’re going to do
- Asking if you don’t know what the right thing is
- Owning up to our mistakes and learning from them
4. “We work as a Team”
To work as a team, we need ideal team players. To be an Ideal team player, you need to be:
- Motivated, and driven to perform well
- Sensitive to others needs and communicate effectively
5. “We embrace a journey of continuous improvement”
We achieve this by:
- Ensuring we perform our job tasks in the most efficient way possible
- Being curious
- Ongoing learning
- Actively contributing
- Being open to feedback
- Providing feedback
April Screening Goals
Congratulations San Diego, San Marcos, and Riverside team! We surpassed our April screening goals with a total of 82 screens! Congrats to Riverside and San Marcos for not just meeting, but exceeding your site goals for the month.
Annual Corporate Retreat
Artemis’s Annual Corporate Retreat was a success! It was a wonderful time to train and bond as a team. Dr. Vishaal Mehra shared our company goal to become the BEST trained team in the ENTIRE industry! Together we learned about Situational Leadership with Mark Blanchard and Thriving in a Change Crazy World with Eric Smith and Athena Lou.
In April we received a received a 5 star review from one of our recent inpatients on our Google business site! This stellar review shows how the team is delivering on our #1 Core Value: “We always put patients first.”