Dear Artemis team,
Welcome to the November edition of the Artemis Newsletter! October seemed to blow by, and the weather is starting to remind us that is indeed fall. I hope you all enjoyed the month and the Halloween festivities…..now on to my personal favorite holiday, Thanksgiving (overeating, napping, and watching football—doesn’t get any better than that IMO).
October was a fun and productive month for the company.
Here’s a summary of the happenings for November and a brief review of what the team accomplished in October:
1. Members of the leadership team attended a business conference in mid-October, and came back feeling inspired to continue on the path we have embarked on of improving employee satisfaction and engagement—in fact this was the recurring theme at the conference. As a result of this conference, we have teamed up with a 3rd party company, Emplify, which will be working with the entire company to make sure all of our team is feeling both satisfied and engaged with the work we are doing, and to get to a point where you all LOVE working at Artemis! Stay tuned as you will hear more about this in December onwards.
2. Most of the company is now using BOX! Great job to all of you for working on making this transition I can appreciate that this can take a little bit of getting used to for some of you, but I hope you will find this system as powerful and useful as it can be. Please continue to work on the platform, and we will continue to try to improve anything you bring us feedback on, so we can ensure every team member finds it helpful. You can also celebrate that this will be my last mention of BOX in the newsletter 🙂
3. Beginning November, Brittany, Ali, Delaney, and I will be working on the initial buildout of the training platform which will eventually become Artemis University—this includes creating the pathway for Certified Trainers, which will be the initial priority for the upcoming month.
4. As a reminder, the leadership team has begun working on the budgeting and planning for 2020. If you have any feedback or thoughts on items you believe can help you and/or the company, please feel free to provide this input to myself or your managers….we would love to consider these while constructing the budget.
I hope you all have a wonderful November and Thanksgiving Holidays, and continue the great work you provide to our study patients, sponsors, and to each other!
Prioritizing Patients. Advancing Medicine. Improving the world.
In October Artemis participated in another walk to benefit NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Illness. Thank you to all who took a stand to support mental health resources!
Rachel’s Women’s Center Drive Update:
Thank you to everyone who participated in the women’s shelter donations drive! We had an excellent donations turnout, great job giving back to the community! The site that generated the most donations and won the pizza party is San Diego.
Fifty & Better Health Fair: Mental Health First Aid
Artemis participated in the Fifty & Better Health Day! The event was coordinated by the Janet Goeske Foundation, a non-profit committed to improving the quality of life of those aged 50 & Better.
New Migraine Treatment Approved
Artemis worked on a study that contributed to getting a new migraine treatment approved! To learn more about lasmiditan click here: https://investor.lilly.com/news-releases/news-release-details/lillys-reyvowtm-lasmiditan-first-and-only-medicine-new-class
- Congratulations to Roxana Fitch and Kecia Darbeau for your promotion to Senior Clinical Research Coordinator!
- Congratulations to Shannon Zimmerman for your promotion to CRU Supervisor!
- Welcome Angelica Herrera, our new Research Assistant
- Welcome Alicia Contreras, our new Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
- We are searching for a Site Manager to join our SD team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here.
- We are searching for a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our San Marcos team.If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here.
- Welcome Michelle Leeward, our new Office Administrator!
- Artemis is looking for an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to join our Riverside team. If you or someone you may know are interested, apply here.
- We are looking for a part-time Physician Sub-Investigator to join our Riverside team. If you or someone you know may be interested, apply here.
- Welcome Baby Ace! Deliza Cobarruvias, our Call Center Manager, welcomed her baby boy on October 4th!
- Artemis is searching for a new VP of Sales and Marketing. If someone you know may be interested, they can apply here.
Remember: any employee can earn referral bonus of $250 for each successful hire. Nice work, and thanks to the employees who referred folks this most recent hiring round.