Dear Artemis team,
Welcome to the Spring and also to our March Newsletter! I’m sure I’m not the only one who is looking forward to longer days and hopefully warmer days (I know—our winters are so harsh in Southern Cali 😉)
Here’s a summary of the happenings for March and a brief review of what the team and company accomplished in February 2020.
1. The company completed the annual performance evaluations in February, and it seemed to go quite smoothly. The management team hopes you found it to be an informative and helpful process which will assist in your professional growth and development and thank you for making it a productive one!
2. The company’s performance in screening/randomizations, and revenue/profit was lower than targeted, and it has been quite frankly a slow start to 2020. There are several probable reasons, including an ending to a large clinical study (Idorsia). The leadership team is working diligently on executing on important initiatives in our patient recruitment and marketing methods, and we also have large projects slated to start in April—let’s all continue to work hard to make March as productive as possible to get the momentum from 2019 back! For more details on performance, please click here.
3. Reminder of our 4 annual priorities for 2020:
For March, there will be some major events targeting our Annual Priority 2: Deliver a WOW Employee Experience
First, we will be conducting our 2nd Emplify engagement survey on 3/09/20. As a reminder, this survey is an anonymous, company-wide survey which will let the leadership and management team know how we are doing after implementing action items from the prior survey. This survey is extremely important for all of you to complete as it will guide us to build a highly engaged and performing team that loves to work at Artemis!
4. Second, we will be having our annual corporate retreat on 3/20/2020, and this will be an all hands mandatory meeting. We have finalized our guest speakers and facilitators for the event and it promises to be a fantastic event. In the morning, we will have Steve Farber speak and go through an exercise with us as a team to promote customer service but with a twist. In the afternoon, Gary Ware will be facilitating group exercises which will build on the themes of the morning but in a way that promotes play.
We are very excited to be hosting this event with these accomplished speakers and are looking forward to being there with you all!
To ensure a successful and cohesive retreat, please remember this is mandatory for all staff, including part time staff and investigators, and no PTO will be approved for that day, so please plan accordingly and work with your manager to ensure we can remove any barriers to your attendance!
I look forward to a successful and productive March with you all and continuing the great work we all provide to our study patients, sponsors, and to each other!
Annual Company Retreat
Our annual all staff retreat is on Friday, March 20th, 8:45am-3:15pm at The Point in Mission Beach. Light breakfast, lunch, coffee and tea will be provided. Jeans are allowed and comfortable shoes are encouraged.
Industry, Patients, and Community Highlights
FDA Approval for Lasmiditan Migraine
Artemis’s hard work on the lasmitian clinical trials helped get the treatment approved for acute migraines!
We are building social media pages dedicated to informing the community. We have acquired about 800 new Facebook followers since we started updating those pages,, and we’re on our merry way to building a strong community!
Personnel and Artemis Community Updates
In February we had a baby shower for Maria Hernandez and Brittany Weichers! Congratulations to both, we can’t wait to meet the newest additions to the Artemis family!
On February 15th the team got together to watch the Monster Jam at Petco Park!
Nacho Taco Party
On February 27th the Riverside team gathered for a nacho/taco potluck party!
Personnel and Hiring Updates
- We’re looking for a Research Assistant to join our San Diego team.
- Welcome Alexis Jenkins, our new Office Administrator!
- We’re searching for a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our San Marcos team.
- We’re looking for a Research Assistant to join our San Marcos team.
- Welcome Cheri Sugino, our new Research Assistant!
- We’re searching for a Nurse Practitioner Sub-Investigator to join our Riverside team.
- Congratulations to Joanna LaSalle on your promotion to Senior Patient Recruitment Specialist!
- Congratulations to Jeanne Pun on your promotion to Senior Patient Recruitment Specialist!
- Congratulations to Prianka Patel on your promotion to Senior Patient Recruitment Specialist!
- The search for a Director of Business Development has been postponed to Q3.
- We are searching for a Director of People and Culture to join our Corporate team.
Employee Referral Bonus: We’re offering a $250 referral bonus for each successful hire!