Artemis Newsletter – December 2019
Dear Artemis team,
Welcome to the December Artemis Newsletter and also the final newsletter for 2019! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and enjoyed time with family and friends. Don’t look now, but we still have the last month of the year to finish up this decade—weird to think of, yeah?
November was a bit lower-performing due in part to the holiday season as we can sometimes expect, but we still accomplished quite a bit as a company. Here’s a summary of the happenings for December and a brief review of what the team accomplished in November:
1. Our Annual Holiday Party is coming upon 12/13/2019! I certainly hope each of you can make the time to come to this important company celebration—it’s a wonderful time for all of us to relax and party together, eat some good food, and drink (a little 😉). It’s important that we work together as a team and celebrate together as a team, so I am looking forward to seeing you there. In addition, we will be having our end of the year awards and topping it off with a casino night—what’s not to like?!
2. The executive team had it’s end of the year off-site strategy meeting in November, and we are excited to share the company-wide goals for 2020 with you soon. Additionally, the company’s budget has been completed. We will plan on sharing these at our next scheduled town hall meeting January 24, 2020.
3. Emplify, the 3rdparty partner Artemis is working with, will be launching its first engagement survey to our team 12/16/19. As a reminder, this is a crucial formal first step in making sure each of your voices are truly heard and we can get open and honest feedback via this vendor, so we can continue our mission to build a company and culture where employee satisfaction and engagement are the top priorities.
4. Artemis began to conduct more cross-departmental meetings beginning in November. The aim for us as a company is to have full transparency and communication throughout the company as we continue growing. The launch of the marketing/operations meeting as well as the financial/operations meeting was a step in this direction. Thanks to Ali for spearheading this important initiative!
5. Ali, Brittany, Delaney, and I are working diligently on creating and building out training pathways that we are aiming to launch at the beginning of the new year. These are coming along nicely, and we believe we are on track for the January 2nd launch of the training pathways and certifications…we will keep you posted!
I hope you all have a wonderful December while celebrating the holiday season and continue the great work you provide to our study patients, sponsors, and to each other!
Industry, Patients, and Community Highlights
Artemis Holiday Toy Drive
Questions about the toy drive? Email email@example.com.
Karuna Press Release
“Karuna and Syneos Health would like to take a moment to share the November 18, 2019 press release from Karuna, regarding the KAR-004 final study results. As you can see, we had a very successful study. We wanted to send a special thank you to all Investigators and Site Staff for your hard work, diligence, quality, and perseverance throughout the KAR-004 study. Please take a moment to congratulate yourselves as this success could not have been achieved without each and everyone one of you. This is a testament to a great team. We look forward to future endeavors with amazing sites like yours. Again, thank you for participating in this important and successful trial. At some point in the near future, we will send out meeting invites to review the study data details.”
Purple Boat Float
Sunny Martinez and Dr. Katrina Patrick participated in the Purple Boat Float, an event that honors those who have been affected by dementia. Participants dedicate a candle lit inside a purple paper boat and set it off across the lake in honor of those affected by the disease. This one took place on November 10th at the Fairmount Park in Riverside.
Holiday Decorating Competition
This December we’re having a holiday decorating contest! You can decorate your work space with supplies available in your site’s break room, and everyone can vote on whose work space is the most festive. The winner will receive a $50 gift card!
San Diego Business Woman Of The Year Awards
Congratulations to our Chief Medical Officer and Principal Investigator at our San Diego site, Dr. Purvi Mehra!
Dr. Mehra is a finalist for the 2019 Business Woman of the Year Awards!
Personnel and Hiring Updates
- We are searching for a Site Manager to join our SD team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here.
- We are searching for a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our San Marcos team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here.
- Artemis is looking for an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to join our Riverside team. If you or someone you may know are interested, apply here.
- We are looking for a part-time Physician Sub-Investigator to join our Riverside team. If you or someone you know may be interested, apply here.
- Welcome Stephanie McClintock, our new Vice President of Sales and Marketing!
- We are searching for a Director of Strategic Growth/Business Development to join our Corporate team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here.
Remember: any employee can earn referral bonus of $250 for each successful hire. Nice work, and thanks to the employees who referred folks this most recent hiring round.
December 2 – Dr. Eric Chavez, Principal Investigator
December 2 – Dr. Purvi Mehra, Chief Medical officer
December 6 – Angela Strigen, Associate Marketing Manager
December 13 – Deliza Cobarruvias, Call Center Manager
December 14 – Maria Hernandez, Research Assistant
December 15 – Nicole Conner, Enrollment Coordinator
December 18 – Shannon Zimmerman, CRU Supervisor
December 21 – Paulina Good, Clinical Research Coordinator
December 25 – Dr. Katrina Patrick, Principal Investigator
December 28 – Jeanne Pun, Patient Recruitment Specialist
December 31 – Sarah Mireles, Research Assistant
3 years Gloria Keopuhiwa, Site Manager
1 Year Sunny Martinez, Lead Clinical Research Coordinator
A special shout out to Alicia Contreras, one of our Senior CRCs in the San Diego office! She has received 6 Dymic survey shout outs from subjects within her first 30-days with Artemis!
Thank you for providing the absolute BEST customer service and really going above and beyond with our study subjects!
November Shout-Out Winners
San Marcos Winner: Kirstin Kevalaitis, Office Administrator
“Kirstin lowered subject wait time by letting CRC’s know subjects arrival!”
Riverside Winner: Mia Blanton, Research Assistant
“For taking on new challenges and current duties with a smile!”
San Diego Winner: Marie Craig, Finance Coordinator
“Thank you for resolving the issue with Concur so quickly! You saved the day!”
Congratulations! Thank you for being valuable members of the Artemis team.
For these accomplishments, TBD will each be awarded a $50 gift card.
**Feel free to recognize your fellow colleagues who you see living and breathing any one of the 6 Core Values for Artemis. At the end of the month, we collect all the “shout-outs” and draw a name from a hat to get a winner. You can give as many shout-outs as you want, and a person can receive as many shout-outs as they deserve.
Our Core Values
Our Core Value for January is: We work as a team.
Company Performance Metrics
The San Diego, San Marcos, and Riverside teams each received a Public 5-star review!
Public Review Competition
During the month of December, all employees who receive a positive PUBLIC review will receive a $10 gift card for each qualifying review!
November Screening Goals
We ended the month with a total of 69 screens out of our 79 goal, making it to about 87% to goal! Thank you to everyone for your hustle in November!