Artemis Newsletter – October 2019
Dear Artemis team,
Our October Newsletter is here! This is the time of the year when I find it’s essentially impossible to eat healthy, so I guess you just have to go with the flow and finish the year with a full stomach and a bang (or a whimper)—maybe start by eating candy only every other day to show some self-control. I hope you all are ready to begin the fall season, as it’s continued to be a busy and productive year for Artemis.
Here’s a summary of the happenings for October and a brief review of what the team accomplished in September:
- Artemis had its first Town Hall meeting in September, and I believe it was a big success! I’d like to truly thank you all for being active participants and asking excellent questions—that is what makes a meeting like this successful! For those of you who were not able to attend, don’t worry, we’ve recorded the meeting if you would like to see it: https://app.box.com/s/805plnhpt59fhkagkvq2dgx6825j10sj And remember, we will be conducting the Town Hall meetings at the end of each quarter, so the next one will be in January 2020.
- Probably the most memorable part from the Town Hall meeting is that as a result of the great work you all have done this year, we will be giving Monday 12/23 as an additional PTO day! If you have already requested this day off, please work with your manager to delete that request.
- The leadership team will begin working on the budgeting and planning for 2020 starting in October. This is a great time for us to receive feedback as to what each of you feels would be beneficial for us to consider for the next year in terms of benefits and other perks. Remember, we are committed to making this company a place where you absolutely LOVE to work, and to get there, we will truly need your input and feedback to help us all succeed in this. If you have thoughts, please send to Ali, Jacquie, me, or to email@example.com and we will put it all under serious consideration.
- Some of you have had the opportunity to meet with our HR Coordinator, Delaney Patterson. In this role, one of Delaney’s mission is to assist the managers and ensure the team has a consistent and helpful contact for employee issues. Now that Delaney is settling in, she will be coming to each location to more formally introduce herself to you and also review the Employee Training Fund program in more detail. She is eager to meet you all!
- Ali has been working with the operations team to migrate over to BOX—the folder sharing software which allows easier collaboration. Thank you to Ali and the volunteers who assisted in migrating all that content over—no easy feat! We are planning on going live with BOX for operations in October.
I hope you all have a wonderful October and continue the great work you provide to our study patients, sponsors, and to each other!
Industry, Patients, and Community Highlights
Walk to End Alzheimer’s
The Artemis Riverside team participated in the 2019 Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Riverside, CA. Our participation helped raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research.
Donations Drive to Rachel’s Women’s Center
Artemis will be participating in a donations drive for the Rachel’s Women’s Center from September 30th to November 1st! Donation bins will be provided at all three sites in the break rooms. With the holidays quickly approaching, each donation counts! Please aid us in making this donation drive a successful one.
Personnel and Event Updates
Personnel Changes and Updates
Artemis was highly productive this last month in hiring and bringing on new team members—we have been very successful in this endeavor!
- Welcome Dr. Kevin Holleman, our new Sub-Investigator
- Welcome Matthew Musikanth, our new Clinical Research Coordinator
- Welcome Natalie Guillen, our new Research Assistant
- Welcome Latoya Evans, our new CRU Research Assistant
- We are searching for a Site Manager to join our SD team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here: https://hire.jobscore.com/careers/artemisinstitutef orclinicalresearch/jobs/site-manager-san-diego-dDXiyCV6er6zIiaKkRyNN8?previewing=true
- Welcome to San Marcos Dr. Ruby Shandilya, our new Investigator
- We are searching for a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our San Marcos team.If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here: https://hire.jobscore.com/careers/artemisinstituteforclinicalresearch/jobs/clinical-research-coordinator-san-marcos-cC7ZsWS7Gr6BgzaKkRyNN8?previewing=true
- Congratulations to Natalia Pilcher for her promotion to Site Manager!
- We are searching for an Office Administrator to join our Riverside team. If you know anyone who may be interested they can apply here: https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/artemisinstituteforclinicalresearch/jobs/office-administrator-dYb4000Z8r6ybPaKjNoogA
- Congratulations to Angela Strigen for her promotion to Associate Marketing Manager!
- Welcome Alexis Jones, our new Patient Recruitment Specialist
- Welcome Darrian Castillo, our new Patient Recruitment Specialist
- Welcome Nick Dimino, our new Digital Marketing Intern
Remember: any employee can earn referral bonus of $250 for each successful hire. Nice work and “Thanks” to the employees who referred folks this most recent hiring round.
October 1 – Mia Blanton, Research Assistant
October 2 – Sierra McGovern, Executive Assistant
October 19 – Jacqueline Bernabei, Clinical Research Coordinator
October 20 – Vishaal Mehra, CEO
October 24 – Ruby Casillas, Research Assistant
October 27 – Summer Ghamedi, Regulatory Specialist
1 year – Prianka Patel, Patient Recruitment Specialist
Artemis Achiever Award
At every Town Hall Meeting, the leadership team will select a winner of the Artemis Achiever award. Our first ever recipient of this award is Ruby Casillas! Thanks Ruby for all that you do for patients and for Artemis.
For the month of September, we had many shout-outs come in from the entire company.
San Diego Winner:
The winner for the “Shout-Out” for September is Dave Holland!
“ He fixes the seemingly “unfixable’ — he’s not in maintenance he’s a MAGICIAN :)”
San Marcos Winner:
The winner for the “Shout-Out” for September is Melanie Goerlitz!
“She volunteered to help create source for Satsuma, freeing me up to work on other tasks.”
The winner for the “Shout-Out” for September is Mia Blanton!
“For killing it in the lab!”
Congratulations! Thank you for being valuable members of the Artemis team.
For these accomplishments, Dave, Melanie, and Mia will each be awarded a $50 gift card.
**Feel free to recognize your fellow colleagues who you see living and breathing any one of the 6 Core Values for Artemis. At the end of the month, we collect all the “shout-outs” and draw a name from a hat to get a winner. You can give as many shout-outs as you want, and a person can receive as many shout-outs as they deserve.
Our Core Values
Our Core Value for October is: We always put patients first
Company Performance Metrics
The San Diego team received a 5-star review on Google!
Reputation Management Initiative
Here are just a few of the wonderful feedback we have been receiving from our patients!
Clinical Operations Q4 Bonus Structure Roll-Out
We are rolling out a bonus structure for Q4 around Screening for Roll-Over Patients. The goal is to increase revenue by establishing a bonus structure for when existing patients are successfully screened into another study. This is something we want to test for one quarter to see if this increases our ability to screen and retain existing patients. Here are the eligibility criteria:
- All coordinators and research assistants are eligible for this bonus
- The existing patient has to have screen failed or completed a prior study within the last 30 days. If they dropped from a study approval from an Investigator is required before you can schedule them as a screen in another study. There is no time limit on when the screening can be scheduled (for example, if you want to screen them in a CNS study and they have to wait 60 days before they are eligible to screen, as long as they are scheduled for that screen within 30 days you are eligible for the bonus)
- Patient successfully signing the ICF will be required before the bonus is paid
- The person eligible for the bonus is the person who scheduled the Screening Visit 1
- Bonus amounts will be paid in the second paycheck of the month for the month prior
- Screening Bonus Amount is $50; timeline is for appointments scheduled starting tomorrow October 1st through December 31st as our initial test!
September Screening Goals
We rounded off September with 99 screens, beating our target of 94! Four of six divisions exceeded their targets. A big shout out to all the sites for contributing to pushing us over the top for September! Thank you for all you do to support each other, our patients and deliver to our Sponsors.